7.29.2009

Day at the Dentist

On Monday it was time for Jagger's 6mo check up at the Pediatric Denstist. Needless to say this is not his favorite place to visit! This would be his third visit since turning 3. The first time I took him, and it was a nightmare...you would have though we were killing him with all of the kicking and screaming that was going on. Dr. Sheroan was so kind and patient and said that was very normal the first round that the second time would be better. So, it was Jerry's turn 6mos later. So, she was wrong...it was just as bad. This time they did x-rays and a cleaning! Poor daddy and Jagger! So, now here we are 6mos later (third visit), and it's my turn to take him! Fun!!! So, we started getting him prepared over the weekend. He was pretty cool with it until we got to the dr's office and realized they had moved their office to the 2nd floor, which meant we had to take the elevator...and then the wimpering started! For those of you who know Jagger...he is not good with change. Our kids are very routine kiddos and anything that upsets that ...well, we never know what will happen or how they will react. I knew this wouldn't be a good start. He wanted to go back to the old office that had the garbage trucks to play with, nevermind that this one was very nice, new, colorful, very kid oriented, with lots of fun kids stuff....this should be a fun place! So, we check in, waited patiently with a bit of wimpering. Make it back to the dentist chair, pick out a toothbrush, put some pretty purple stuff on his teeth to see how we were brushing, rinsed it off, and then did some cleaning of the teeth .....all the while with very minimal wimpering. So far so good. Dr. Sheroan is so good with them and goes so fast while inspecting and counting their teeth! She is awesome! I had told him I had a surprise if he did really good....all in all....it went great and Jenna was so good while waiting. She sat so still in the chair beside us!
Just a little wimpering while waiting.
Jenna patiently waiting. She's thinking..."I really don't understand all of the fuss." Little does she know next time she gets to sit in the chair and have her teeth checked:) Afterwards...such a good smile! Let's get out of here!
So, we headed to Wal-Mart to pick out a surprise...and guess what he chose...a garbage truck with lots of loud sounds and smaller garbage cans to empty. Yay!
Then we headed to Freeman Lake for a picnic supper. Way to go Jagger! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for being such a big boy!!!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Good job Jagger! I think kids are so used to people with gloves and scrubs giving shots that the dentist freaks them out a little. Luckily, Ethan loves to go. We don't even use a pediatric dentist anymore...just our regular dentist. Glad it turned out to be a fun day! Jenna is getting so big!

Mc's said...

So glad that you had an easier trip to the Dentist...

The McIntires said...

Love your new blog look!

The Gillaspie Family said...

Hey there! I see you guys did the dentist...I've yet to take Audrey, but I know it's time!! Kelly's Kids...this is my first season, so we'll see how it goes. You do have to front $100, and once I was "in", realized that you don't get a discount until you sell $1000 (then you get only 40% off...) and you don't make commission until you sell at least $3000. So, I'm just going to see how it goes this time. I do LOVE the clothes, and they sell themselves. I'll keep you posted!