2.22.2012

Hard at Work!

Very rarely do I post about our jobs; however, in this instance...I have to brag a little on my hubby, the Paramedic, and yes I may be a bit bias...but all I say is true and many would agree:)

Jerry truly was given a special gift of being a Paramedic and the necessary skills to take care of people in their time of need.   Some good times and some not so good times.  It's just a fact of life! Living in a small community most of the time the people he ends of taking care of are people we know, friends, and even family. 

This past year has brought many changes to our own immediate family including him changing jobs in order to work in the BIG CITY which is NOT so close to home and NOT where we can just drop in and eat lunch or dinner or just to say hi whenever we choose to.  So, it's been different for us not having him working close to home.

However, this week has brought to light that he was most definitely placed in the BIG CITY for a reason, for a greater purpose.  They are very busy where he's at now.  In the past 1.5 mos tho he's touched two special families in a huge way... all for the GOOD!  WE know he was perfectly placed in their lives at the perfect time, the perfect place, and on the perfect ambulance, with the right partner in order to be able to take care of these patients!  In the past week those two families have contacted him in order to say, "thanks" via phone calls, letters and even being able to meet up with one of them to say "Thank You" to him in person! 

He truly is gifted in what he does and seeing and hearing from those families is the greatest reward ever for a Paramedic!  I am so proud of him and know he's the most gifted Paramedic!

On a side note...since he's in the BIG CITY...we don't get to see him working much.  So much to my surprise...I woke up one morning last week to see him on the news! He was working an accident and the news crews were there to catch it all! The kids thought it was pretty cool to see daddy on TV, as well as I!

The pic below is from one of the scenes.


All of the above is confirmation that although we never dreamed he'd NOT be working close to home, there was a GREATER purpose for him being in the BIG CITY!

No comments: