Okay, so here it goes.....our journey to Kosair Children's Hospital right after our wonderful vacation!
See these sweet children? They are all sitting on these nice counter stools in our condo. The children loved them so. They would wake up and slowly make their way to the stools and plant themselves while patiently waiting for thier breakfast, lunch, supper, whatever it may be. They were so much fun...they swiveled, ate, played, laugh, and all the while we told them all week....stop swiveling, slow down, be careful, be still, etc.....until that one day at lunch...
oooopppps Jagger had fallen off onto the tile floor!!!! Yes, the counter tops were granite and yes, there was tile flooring!!! Scary hugh?
Aunt Laura and I had went to the store, they guys were feeding the kids lunch and when we returned we found Jagger had fallen and hit his head pretty hard. Jerry and I debated on whether or not to take him. My aunt being a nurse and Jerry being the paramedic both check him out and all signs pointed to all being fine. So, we finished our trip and were set to leave the next day to head home. All the while still checking him for any signs of head injury, etc. None to be seen or noticed! All was good! Right?
So, we head home on Friday and Jerry has to leave on Sunday for Maryland for a two week management course at the Nat'l Fire Academy, courtesy of HCEMS:)
So, while he was gone I kept checking him and watching for any signs or symptoms of injuries to his head, etc.. Jerry left on Sunday and that following Wednesday I was washing Jagger's hair and felt a soft spot on the side/back of his head. I immediately was nauseated! Thinking to myself...surely that is not what I felt. I had that gut wrenching feeling in the pit of my stomach. So, what do I do? I called my sister - in - law and asked if she and her husband/EMT/Firefighter could come down and check it out. I couldn't bring myself to feel it again. So, sure enough they came down and sure enough...yes, that is exactly what it was...a very soft spot!!! Sickening!! So, they loaded up Jenna and I calmy, yes calmly took Jagger to Kosair Children's Hospital! In the meantime sickened because I knew I would have to call Jerry and he is 800+ miles away and he would be so upset he was not here to be with us...and he wouldn't be home for another week and a half! So, around 9p.m. at night we arrive at Kosair and immediately they took us back and with an hour half or so and a CT scan later...we find out that yes, Jagger has a epidural hematoma and a skull fracture! What, are you serious!!!??? The doctor was so nice and called Jerry with me to explain all that was going on and what all of it meant! I was so thankful he was helping me with this phone call! The neouro group reviewed his CT scan and concluded that he had a typical 6 day old head injury and that this was a very common injury that does not show up until days later! So, I was not crazy, we did not miss it, etc....it just didn't show up until days later! The dr said we did exactly what we should have and that he would make a complete recovery and all would be fine. The head bleed was already drying up and healing, that is what I was feeling all of the blood coming to the surface and drying up!!! Now 3 CTS later and follow ups with the neuro group and all is clear!!!!!
Praise the Lord!!!
Meanwhile while daddy was at school, we was so sad he could not be with us! It was so hard, but we made it. Daddy had a good support group of guys in his class and they all got together and sent Jagger a care package of fun stuff to do...calm stuff to do:)




No comments:
Post a Comment