10.14.2009

Lincoln Days 2009

The first weekend in October was our annual Lincoln Days Celebration. It was a perfect sunny warm, but not too hot day! The day started out with me running my first 5k race, 3.1 miles. It started at 10a.m. It was probably around 60 degrees at that time, perfect running weather. I was so nervous, but I had a really good friend / co-worker that ran the 5K with me. It was finally time to start and off we ran. I was not the first one across the finish line; however, I was not the last one to cross either. Not really sure what place I finished, but I did finish in 33min 46sec. Come to find out the race turned out to be 3.5mi long...no wonder I was about to die by the time I finished. It was very hard course with lots of hills....so I am very proud of myself for finishing and running the entire course! Next it was time to go home and get ready to head back to town for the parade. By lunch it was warm and very sunny! Perfect fall weather. Downtown was packed with lots of people, great activities, crafts, souveneirs, and so much good food. The parade had over 200 entries and the kids loved it! Here are a few snippits from the weekend.
Jenna loves her cousin Heather
Jagger and Jenna shared some yummy Blue Belle Chocolate Ice Cream! There is no other flavor!
Again....the sunglasses are ever present:)
Jenna loves her mamaw Brenda
Jagger and Emily....best buds for life!!!!
Sunglasses again....

No comments: