My brother and I grew up going to the horse racing tracks in Louisville and Lexington with my mom and dad. My dad has owned sulky racing horses for as long as I can remember. Those are his other babies in his life / his most favorite hobby.
Our children have two horses names after them. Dad named one Jagger Man and the other is Ace's Jenna. Jagger Man didn't show too many promising signs of being a great race horse, so he was sold and moved on. However, Ace's Jenna, shows some great signs of being a great racing horse. She has been racing pretty good recently, coming in 2nd and 3rd. So, this past Sunday we ventured to the Red Mile in Lexington, KY to watch Jenna's namesake horse race. I have been wanting to take them for awhile so that they could see what Grandpa's world was like at the track and to experience watching those races as we did when we were little.
Ace's Jenna came in 6th...just wasn't her night...hopefully next time.


Anticipating the race.
Jagger patiently waiting.



1 comment:
Really cool! How did I not know you had a brother?!
Post a Comment