1 year ago
9.24.2008
2 Out of 4....Let there be soccer!
Saturday, 9/20, was our first soccer game. We had no idea what to expect other than we hoped that the kids would remember which goal they should be kicking towards, and remember not to use their hands to stop the ball. Much to our surprise they all came out of their shells and kicked it into gear. Where did the quickness, attitudes, and kicks come from all of a sudden? They were so much fun to watch.
I do have to brag for a just a moment though... our son made two of the 4 goals on Saturday! We are so proud of him, and he was so excited when he made them. At this age they really do not keep score, but you know moms and dads do..... and of course our team won!
So, here is the funny story, bad mommy part of the day.... the first goal he made I missed it! I realized the video camera battery was dead, and then right after that the digital camera batteries went dead. I ran to the truck, which was not 100 ft away, to get extra batteries, and what happened, while I was gone? You guessed it...Jagger scored the first goal!!!! I was so sad and aggravated. Next time I will be prepared... no dead batteries for me!!!!
Here are a few snap shots of the games.
A brief little team meeting with Ms. Kelly
This is what was going on on the sidelines while the others were playing. Some, including Jagger, decided they would strip their socks and shin guards. I had to hurry and reattach their gear:)
Jerry is giving Jagger instructions on what he needs to do.
Water Break.
Game Over... getting ready to shake hands w/the other team.
Jagger getting a congratulatory hug after a making a goal! Jagger was so excited.
What a great way to start the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the picture of him leaning against the water cooler! So funny!
Love those pictures, so cute!!
Post a Comment